THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Websites for Teachers, Parents, & Students

In my technology for teaching & learning class, we have been asked to search the internet for websites that could possibly be implemented within our classroom. Many websites had extensive lists of activities, lessons, classroom decor, etc. Others, like You Tube, which many would not consider to be a learning tool, does have informative video clips that teachers are able to use within their classroom.


The first one is http://www.crayola.com/. I loved how there were so many different craft ideas for children. I can see myself, as a future teacher, implementing these ideas in my classroom. I would be able to decorate my bullent boards in my classroom, as well as my school's hallways with my students' artwork. I particulary liked the holiday crafts, because that is my favorite time of year. Having a certificate maker online is useful. I would be able to easily print these off when a student were to perform well in reading, for example. The lesson plans offered is another area of this website that I would be able to utilize. I love Social Studies, and there are numerous possibilities on this website.

The second website is http://www.youtube.com/. I would like to be able to show my students short video clips to introduce lessons. Being a visual learner myself, being able to see things helps students grow as a learner. I think it is important to use video clips to aid in your lesson planning. For example, if I were teaching a unit on WWII, I would use a video clip such as this one, with Donald Duck being a Nazi.



After watching this movie, we could have a discussion about Nazis, and what was going on in Germany at the time of WWII.

I see many possible resources on the internet. I know once I become a teacher, I will be referring to many of these to assist in my teaching.

0 comments: